Friday 21 June 2024

Hidden Treasures

 



 

On a faraway hill, close to the deep blue sea

Stood a towering mansion

Belonging to Uncle Lee

Which he generously left to me.

 

I approached with trepidation, the palatial structure

But also excited about what I would see

I unlocked the heavy oak wood door

My eyes adjusted to the gloom

Wishing that there was more light in the room.

 

I switched on the lamps

Basking in their golden glow

The ornate furnishings were just so beautiful

I could never let them go.

 

I wandered through the many rooms

Admiring all that I saw

Looking for treasures that I’d hoped to have and hold.

Alas! No gold, silver or diamonds did I find

Only upon a wall had Uncle Lee scribbled

Love and be kind.

 

Uncle Lee cared not for

The mansion his father had built

Being loving, gentle and kind

Was what was always on his mind.

 

This post is part of the Blogchatterbloghop weekly prompt. 


Image credit - Pixabay. 

 

1 comment:

  1. A strong message indeed that we often inore in the race of life

    ReplyDelete

The RK Laxman Museum and Art Gallery

  The RK Laxman Museum and Art Gallery. I was so happy to have had the opportunity to visit this wonderful museum in Pune, in February this ...