I Love You You’re the love of my life, My source of joy, my inner strength, My dream every night. You’re the light I seek, The friend I want to keep. You understand, You make no demands. You listen, you appreciate, Yet you’re my toughest critic, That’s a blessing I don’t want to forsake. We share our dreams and our fears, Helping each other through the years, We argue and disagree, Yes, love is not easy. I’m flawed and so are you But the love we share It is sweet and true. And so I say, again and again, I love you now and forever more. My lover and my partner, Together we shall soar. Tips to help you improve your love life. § You prioritize your partner’s happiness before your own. § You love unconditionally, quirks and flaws and work around them to ensure a peaceful and long-lasting relationship. § You allow your partner enough time and space for themselves. § You...
When Technology Took a Break Rahul woke up and reached for his phone. He switched it on, but the screen would not light up. Exasperatedly, he called out, "Ma, my phone refuses to work." Suddenly, he realised that the fan too was not working. “What the hell!” he muttered to himself. Rahul desperately needed to read his WhatsApp messages. He jumped out of bed and went in search of his parents. They were out on the balcony enjoying the fresh air and digging into some papaya. Both sorely missed their morning cuppa, but ‘what cannot be cured must be endured,’ they firmly told themselves. Expecting a volcanic eruption, Ma broke the news to Rahul. As expected, Rahul was aghast. “Two days!” he exclaimed. “Two whole days without food and water!” Below, they could see people scurrying to buy essentials from the rapidly shutting grocery shops. Pa reassured Rahul, telling him that there was plenty of fruit in the house and they could subsist on that. They would have to be fru...
My excitement knew no bounds when I spotted the first bud on my hibiscus plant, and it was sheer joy that I felt when, a few days ago, I woke up to the beauty of a white hibiscus in full bloom. It’s been about 6 years since I became a plant parent, and I am enjoying every moment of the journey. My heart skips a beat every time I see a tiny new leaf or a plant I'd given up bloom again. There is no destination here—it’s simply a process of learning, planting, enjoying, and growing. Growing up, I watched my mother tend to her potted garden with so much love and care. It was her little world. Yes, I liked looking at pretty flowers, but I never took much interest in the gardening process. Mom retained her love for gardening until she passed away. I was well into my fifties when I felt a stirring as I looked at pictures of the most beautiful gardens, plants, and flowers posted by friends and folk on social media. Friends encouraged me to give it a shot. “ Growing plants is therapeutic...
Comments
Post a Comment