Gratitude Always


 

Gratitude - Now and Forever

    I could have a complaint for every single day of the year. Would I care to count my blessings? I’m afraid I neglect to.  Yet, if I were to examine my life there is a great deal that I must be grateful for, not only in 2023 but always. As I write this post, I'm reminded of the hymn 'Count your blessings...which we sang so often in school.    

 I walked into 2023 grieving for my mother who had passed away a few days before Christmas 2022. It has been difficult coming to terms with the loss of Ma.  I was blessed to have this resilient and patient woman steering me through the ups and downs of life. Mom and Dad were humble and hardworking folk and I give thanks for them. How excited was I, when my brother came into my life! 

Travel rejuvenates and I give thanks for the mini vacations I was able to take in 2023. Precious sights and sounds are now added to that treasure trove of memories.

The offspring is always on my mind. I’m grateful that they are of sound body and mind pursuing the path that they have chosen. Hubby dear and I  have our differences, but I am grateful for the shoulder he gives me to lean on. 

It’s gratitude and thankfulness that I feel for a friend who has taken me through the process of getting a book published.

I’m grateful to writing platforms who with their prompts and challenges, enable me to hone my writing skills. 


I don’t live in one of those swanky high rises or in a sprawling bungalow but I have a decent roof over my head in a good neighbourhood that’s resplendent with greenery and gardens.  There’s a nice comfortable bed at home and a pillow to lay my head on.

Food has always been on the table, and even when times were rough, I am grateful that I’ve never had to go to bed hungry.

Like many women, I suffer from the "I've got nothing to wear" syndrome. Yet, there is a closet full of clothes, many of which have to be disposed of. 

As for health, there have been ups and downs and I am grateful for good medical guidance that I can fall back on time and again.

I am grateful to the school and college for the education that they imparted and besides academics, I learned many life lessons as well. 

To the few people whom I regard as friends, I am grateful to have you in my life. I know I can count on you in times of stress and strife. 

Life is not without its knocks and punches, but those very knocks and punches may be a blessing in disguise, as the pain makes you strong and wise.


This post is part of the blogchatterbloghop weekly challenge

Comments

  1. I agree that we should be grateful for little things in life than regretting for things not got or lost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts